If you were to ask me what my dream dessert is this Deep Dish Skillet Brownie would be very close to the top of that list! It is easy to throw together, you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry right now, and it is crazy delicious.
What ingredients do I need?
These ingredients are so basic, which is one of my favorite parts of this dessert! It is simple, easy, and sure to please.
- Unsalted Butter, melted
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Chips
Let’s make this Deep Dish Skillet Brownie!
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Prepare a 5-inch cast-iron skillet by spraying it with non-stick spray or rubbing down with softened butter. Set aside. The skillet I used is vintage (passed down from my sweet grandmother), but this one from Lodge is very similar!
Step 2: In a medium bowl with a hand mixer, I use this KitchenAid hand mixer, beat the melted butter and brown sugar until fully combined. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until fully combined and light in color.
Step 3: In a small bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Then whisk until combined and free of any lumps.
Step 4: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure all ingredients are fully mixed.
Step 5: Gently fold the chocolate chips into the mixture. Do not over mix or your brownie will be tough.
Step 6: Transfer the batter to the prepared skillet and spread around evenly. Finally, Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
For serving, I recommend having this Deep Dish Brownie Skillet warm and with ice cream, but I promise you it will be absolutely tasty no matter how you eat it!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Deep Dish Skillet Brownie
- 6 tablespoons (85 grams) unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (133 grams) brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons (45 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (22 grams) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (127 grams) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray a 5-inch cast-iron skillet with non-stick spray or rub with softened butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix with a hand mixer combine the melted butter and brown sugar. When fully combined add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until fully combined and light in color.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and remove any lumps.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread around evenly. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and enjoy while warm.