These Dairy Free Brownies are fudgy homemade brownies full of melty chocolate chunks.
I am a firm believer that you shouldn’t have to miss out on the best things in life just because of intolerances. So being dairy free shouldn’t hold you back from enjoying delicious fudgy brownies and with this recipe, you don’t have to miss out on anything!
Ingredients for Dairy Free Brownies
- VEgan Butter. I used Country Crock Avocado Oil Plant Butter, but you can use whatever vegan butter you prefer.
- Brown Sugar. Brown sugar adds a softer texture to the finished product.
- Eggs. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- All-purpose Flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour.
- Cocoa Powder.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
- Chocolate. I prefer semi-sweet chocolate, but you can use whatever you prefer. If you’re wanting puddles of chocolate chop up a chocolate bar instead of using chocolate chips.
How to make Dairy Free Brownies
STEP 4: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
STEP 5: Fold the chocolate into the mixture and pour into the prepared baking dish.
STEP 6: Bake the brownies for 17-20 minutes. Bake for 5 minutes longer if you want the brownies to be more firm.
STEP 7: Remove the fudgy brownies from oven and allow to cool.
More Dairy Free Dessert Recipes
- S’mores Icebox Cake– This gluten and dairy free dessert has layers of graham crackers, chocolate ganache, and marshmallow creme.
- Dairy Free Key Lime Pie– A classic key lime pie made with coconut milk to make it dairy free.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies– Classic chocolate chip cookies made dairy free.
More Dairy Free Recipes From Kitchen 335
- Dairy Free Oatmeal Cookies– soft and chewy oatmeal cookies made with plant butter.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Dairy Free Brownies
For Dairy Free Brownies:
- 12 tablespoons (170 grams) vegan butter
- 1 1/4 cup (266 grams) brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (42 grams) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (170 grams) chocolate chopped
For Dairy Free Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray an 8×8 pan with non-stick spray and then lay thick strips of parchment paper across the bottom of the pan in a cross shape. This will make it easier to lift the brownies out of the pan once cooled.
- In a medium bowl mix with a hand mixer combine the melted vegan butter and brown sugar. When fully combined add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until fully combined and light in color.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and remove any lumps.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Overmixing will create tough brownies.
- Fold the chocolate into the mixture and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the brownies for 17-20 minutes, longer if you would like a firmer brownie
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.