Cheesecake Swirled Brownies are the best homemade fudgy brownies loaded with chunks of chocolate and topped with creamy cheesecake. They are a delicious combination of two classic desserts.
If I had to pick my two favorite desserts in the world I would have a tough time choosing, but I think it would come down to brownies and cheesecake. This is my all-time favorite brownie recipe and cheesecake recipe. Combine the two and you get one heck of a dessert!
Ingredients for Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
Ingredients for homemade brownies
- Unsalted Butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- Brown Sugar. Brown sugar adds a softer texture to the finished product.
- Eggs. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- All-purpose Flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour.
- Cocoa Powder. This will give the brownies an extra chocolatey flavor.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
- Chocolate. I prefer semi-sweet chocolate, but you can use whatever you prefer. If you’re wanting puddles of chocolate chop up a chocolate bar instead of using chocolate chips.
Ingredients for cheesecake topping:
- Cream Cheese. The cream cheese needs to be at room temperature to prevent lumps in your cheesecake mixture.
- Granulated Sugar. This will add flavor and sweetness to the cheesecake.
- Egg. It will be easier to incorporate the egg into the batter if they are at room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract. See above note.
How to make Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
STEP 4: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
STEP 5: Fold the chocolate into the mixture and pour it into the prepared baking dish.
STEP 1: In a medium bowl, add the softened cream cheese and sugar and beat until smooth. Make sure that the cream cheese is very soft so that it doesn’t get chunky.
STEP 2: Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined. The mixture should be smooth.
STEP 3: Pour the cheesecake topping over the brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl the two together.
STEP 4: Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
STEP 5: Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before lifting out of the pan.
More Brownie Recipes
- Monster Brownies– Delicious brownies filled with peanuts, M&M’s, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips.
- Peanut Butter Brownies– Fdugy brownies topped with peanut butter buttercream and peanut butter cups.
- Snickers Brownies– Rich brownies with a nougat center and a dark chocolate ganache topping.
- Sourdough Brownies– Brownies made with sourdough starter.
More Brownie Recipes From Kitchen 335
- Caramel Stuffed Brownies– The perfect fudgy brownies stuffed with homemade caramel sauce.
- Fudgy Brownies– The most best simple homemade brownies.
- Marshmallow Brookies– a layer of chocolate cookie, a layer of fudgy brownie, and a layer of toasted marshmallows.
- Brownie Pie– a flaky, buttery homemade pie crust filled with a gooey brownie batter.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE LEAVE A REVIEW BELOW OR TAG ME ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
- 12 tablespoons (170 grams) unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup (266 grams) brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (42 grams) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (170 grams) chocolate chopped
For Cheesecake Topping:
- 1 block (227 grams) cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray an 8×8 pan with non-stick spray and then lay thick strips of parchment paper across the bottom of the pan in a cross shape. This will make it easier to lift the brownies out of the pan once cooled.
- In a medium bowl mix with a hand mixer combine the melted butter and brown sugar. When fully combined add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until fully combined and light in color.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and remove any lumps.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Overmixing will create tough brownies.
- Fold the chocolate into the mixture and pour into the prepared baking dish.
For Cheesecake Topping:
- In a medium bowl, add the softened cream cheese and sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined.
- Pour the cheesecake topping over the brownie batter and use a knife to swirl the two together.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before lifting out of the pan.