This Homemade Dog Birthday Cake is made with four ingredients and is perfectly safe for your dog to indulge in!
Our dogs, Chipper and Champ, are treated like family. I’m picky about what we feed them, so I made sure that all of the ingredients in this puppy birthday cake were dog-friendly. There are four simple ingredients, just enough to hold the cake together and make it delicious for your four-legged friends!
Ingredients For Homemade Dog Birthday Cake
- Egg. This will hold the cake together and are a great source of nutrition for dogs.
- Peanut Butter. This will add flavor to the cake (what dog doesn’t love peanut butter?) and provides healthy fats.
- Apple. Apples also add flavor and are a good source of vitamins. Just be sure to remove the core and seeds completely.
- Baking Powder. If used in moderation and diluted, as it is in this recipe, baking powder is perfectly safe for dogs. It will help the cake to rise, but you are welcome to leave it out if you’d like.
How to make a Dog-Friendly Birthday Cake
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray a ramekin with non-stick spray and set aside. You can also split it between two ramekins.
STEP 2: In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix until fully combined.
STEP 3: Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
STEP 4: Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Remove from the ramekin and serve.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see human treats!
ORIGINALLY POSTED DECEMBER 2019
Homemade Dog Birthday Cake
For Dog Cake:
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons (50 grams) peanut butter
- 1/2 apple finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For Dog Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray a ramekin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Remove from the ramekin and serve.