Honestly, I shouldn’t even write a blog post about this one. I mean, look at the picture. It speaks for itself. A Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie. It’s almost too much. Almost. I came back from the grocery store after buying all of the ingredients I needed and my husband was helping me unload the groceries. He pulled out three bags of chocolate and looked at me like I was crazy. I just shrugged and went on my happy way knowing I had this bad boy in the works.
What ingredients do I need?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate Chips
Ready to make a Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie?
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). If you’re using a cast-iron skillet you shouldn’t need to do anything to make it non-stick (The one I used was given to me by my grandma, but this one is the same size and the same brand as the other cast-irons I cook with.) If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet you can just use a small baking dish for the same effect. Either one needs to be 6.5 inches and you will need to spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
Step 2: In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt until free of lumps.
Step 3: In another medium bowl beat the softened butter, sugar, and vanilla until soft and creamy. Add egg and beat well.
Step 4: Add flour mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined after each. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 5: Press half of the dough into the bottom of the skillet, pressing more in the center to make a divot, fill it with the extra chocolate chips. Use the rest of the dough to cover the top.
Step 6: Place the skillet in the oven with a cookie sheet underneath it to catch any that might spill over.
Step 7: Bake for about 30-35 minutes for a doughy center, 5-10 minutes longer if you would like your cookie to be more done in the center.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 1/8 cup (135 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (159 grams) brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (170 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (43 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray a 6.5-inch dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, beat softened butter, sugar, and vanilla together until soft and creamy. Add egg and beat well.
- Add flour mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined after each. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press about half of the cookie dough into the bottom of your skillet. Press the middle down to make a divot, fill with chocolate chips. Press the rest of the cookie dough on top.
- Place skillet into the preheated oven. Place a cookie sheet under it in case of any spillover.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes for a very soft center. Bake for 5-10 longer for a firmer cookie.