Hot Cocoa Cookies are gooey chocolate chip cookies flavored with hot cocoa mix and packed full of toasted marshmallows. It’s like eating a delicious cup of hot cocoa!
This post is sponsored by Land O Lakes Cocoa Classics. All opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for continuing to support the brands that help make ‘Kitchen 335’ possible!
The LAND O LAKES brandmark is owned by Land O’ Lakes, Inc. and used by license.
This is one of my new favorite ways to make chocolate chip cookies. The chocolate is rich and melty while the marshmallows get toasted and a bit crispy. They are the perfect way to mix up your normal chocolate chip cookies with minimal effort.
Ingredients for Hot Cocoa Cookies:
- Unsalted butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- Granulated Sugar. This will sweeten the cookie dough and make it chewier.
- Brown sugar. Brown sugar adds a softer texture to the finished product.
- Eggs. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- All-purpose flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour.
- Hot Cocoa Mix. I used Cocoa Classics Chocolate Supreme Cocoa Mix.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder. This will amp up the chocolate flavor.
- Baking soda. This will help the cookies to rise.
- Baking powder. This will also help the cookies to rise.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
- Chocolate, chopped, or chocolate chips. I prefer semi-sweet chocolate, but you can use whatever you prefer. If you’re wanting puddles of chocolate chop up a chocolate bar instead of using chocolate chips.
- Mini Marshmallows. Try not to snack on too many of them before baking!
How to make Hot Cocoa Cookies:
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
STEP 3: Add the eggs one at a time, mixing fully before adding the next. Pour in the vanilla and combine.
STEP 4: In a medium bowl combine the flour, Cocoa Classics Chocolate Supreme Hot Cocoa Mix, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
STEP 5: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be sure not to over mix.
STEP 6: Fold in the chocolate and the mini marshmallows. Do this gently.
STEP 7: Cover the hot cocoa cookie dough. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
STEP 8: Make scoops of cookie dough about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons in size. Place at least 3 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
STEP 9: Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
STEP 10: Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the cookie sheet.
More Cookie Recipe
- Fluffernutter Cookies– Peanut butter cookies full of gooey marshmallows.
- Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies– Sugar cookies swirled with a cinnaon sugar filling.
- Lemon Bar Cookie Cups– sugar cookie cups with lemon curd.
More Cookie Recipes From Kitchen 335:
- Dairy Free Oatmeal Cookies– soft and chewy oatmeal cookies made with plant butter.
- S’mores Stuffed Cookies– giant chocolate chip cookies that are wrapped around an entire s’more.
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies– classic chocolate chip cookies in bite-size
- Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies– chewy chocolate chip cookies with a dollop of delicious homemade caramel on top.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Hot Cocoa Cookies
- 1 1/2 sticks (170 grams) unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup (198 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (213 grams) light brown sugar packed
- 3 large (150 grams) eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups (360 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 packages Cocoa Classics Chocolate Surpreme Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (255 grams) chocolate chopped or chocolate chips
- 1 cup (43 grams) mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing fully before adding the next. Add the vanilla and combine.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, Cocoa Classics Chocolate Supreme Hot Cocoa Mix, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredietns. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate and mini marshmallows.
- Cover the cookie dough and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Make scoops of cookie dough about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons in size. Place at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet.