No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream has an easy creamy vanilla ice cream base filled with chunks of edible cookie dough.
Summer is quickly approaching and you won't catch me without a freezer stocked full of ice cream. I love making homemade ice cream, but I'm not a fan of the bulky ice cream makers, so I always opt for no-churn ice cream recipes like this one.
Cookie dough ice cream is a classic flavor, but my husband always complains about the hard chocolate chips that mess with the creamy texture of the ice cream. Thus, this cookie dough ice cream with no chocolate chips was born.
Ingredients for No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream:
Ingredients for No-Churn Ice Cream:
- Sweetened Condensed Milk. This will make the no-churn ice cream extra creamy.
- Vanilla Extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
- Heavy Cream. The heavy cream will be beaten to stiff peaks to give the no-churn ice cream a little more body.
Ingredients for Edible Cookie Dough:
- Unsalted Butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- Brown Sugar. Brown sugar adds flavor and a softer texture to the final product.
- Granulated Sugar. This will sweeten the edible cookie dough.
- Vanilla Extract. See above note.
- All-purpose Flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour.
- Salt. See above note.
- Milk. Milk will add moisture to the edible cookie dough.
How to make No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream:
No-Churn Ice Cream
STEP 1: Line a 9-inch cake pan or a bread pan with parchment paper and place it in the freezer.
STEP 2: In a large bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and salt. Set aside.
STEP 3: In a medium bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cold heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Keeping the cream cold until you are ready to use it will help it to whip up much easier.
STEP 4: Fold about ¼ of the whipped cream into the milk mixture. This will lighten up the milk mixture and help it fold easier into the rest of the whipped cream. Then fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
STEP 5: Pour into the cold pan and freeze while you make the cookie dough.
Edible Cookie Dough
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F).
STEP 2: Spread the flour in an even layer on a clean baking sheet. Bake the flour for 7 minutes. This should be enough time to kill off the bacteria, but if you want to be extra sure you use an instant-read thermometer to make sure the temperature of the flour is at least 170 degrees (F).
STEP 3: Remove the flour from the oven and allow it to cool.
STEP 4: In a medium bowl combine the softened butter and both types of sugar. Beat the mixture with a hand mixer until fully combined and fluffy.
STEP 5: Add the vanilla and mix until fully combined.
STEP 6: Add the flour and salt and mix until just combined. Over-mixing the flour can cause your dough to be tough.
STEP 7: Mix in the milk. You may need to add more milk if your dough is on the dry side.
STEP 8: Break the cookie dough up into little chunks, they can be whatever size you'd like.
STEP 9: Remove the ice cream from the freezer and add the cookie dough chunks. Use a butter knife to swirl the chunks around the ice cream.
STEP 10: Return the ice cream to the freezer and cool for a total of about 5 hours or until the ice cream is firm enough to scoop.
More No-Churn Ice Cream Recipes
- No-Churn Cinnamon Apple Ice Cream- Creamy ice cream with sweet cinnamon apple chunks.
- Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream- Vanilla cheesecake no-churn ice cream swirled with roasted strawberry jam and graham cracker crumbs.
- No-Churn Coffee Ice Cream- Creamy coffee ice cream with chocolate chunks.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Originally posted May 14, 2020.
No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream
For Ice Cream:
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
For Cookie Dough:
- ½ stick (57 grams) unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup (53 grams) brown sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons (31 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (82 grams) all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ tablespoon milk
For Ice Cream:
- Line a 9-inch cake pan or a bread pan with parchment paper and place in the freezer.
- In a large bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold about ¼ of the whipped cream into the milk mixture. Then fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
- Pour into the cold pan and freeze while you make the edible cookie dough.
For Cookie Dough:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Spread the flour into an even layer on a clean baking sheet. Bake the flour for 7 minutes.
- Remove the flour from the oven and allow it to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine the softened butter and both types of sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until fully combined and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until just combined.
- Add the milk and combine. You may need to add more milk if your dough is dry.
- Break the cookie up into little chunks.
- Remove the no-churn ice cream from the freezer, add the chunks of cookie dough to the ice cream and use a knife to swirl the cookie dough into the ice cream.
- Return to the freezer and allow it to cool for a total of about 5 hours or until the ice cream is firm enough to scoop.
Austan jackson says
Fucking finally a cookie dough ice cream recipe with no chocolate chips. It's like everyone just assumes everyone loves chocolate. Thumbs up from me