Strawberry Crunch Cookies have a soft and chewy cookie base packed with freeze-dried strawberries and golden Oreos.
These Strawberry Crunch Cookies are my new obsession.
Ingredients for Strawberry Crunch Cookies:
- Unsalted butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- Granulated Sugar. This will sweeten the cookie dough and make it chewier.
- Brown sugar. Brown sugar adds a softer texture to the finished product.
- Eggs. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- All-purpose flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour.
- Baking soda. This will help the cookies to rise.
- Baking powder. This will also help the cookies to rise.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
- Golden Oreos. These will be crushed and added to the cookies for extra flavor and crunch.
- Freeze-Dried Strawberries. These will be crushed and added to the cookies for extra flavor and crunch.
How to make Strawberry Crunch Cookies
STEP 1: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
STEP 2: Add the eggs one at a time, mixing fully before adding the next. Pour in the vanilla and combine.
STEP 3: In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
STEP 4: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be sure not to over mix.
STEP 5: In a small bowl combine the crushed Oreos and freeze-dried strawberries. Mix until well combined
STEP 6: Fold the strawberry crunch mixture into the cookie dough.
STEP 7: Cover the cookie dough and chill for at least 30 minutes. This will help your cookies not to spread as much during baking.
STEP 8: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
STEP 9: Make scoops of cookie dough about 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons in size. Place at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
STEP 10: Bake the strawberry crunch cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. I bake my cookies for closer to 10 minutes because I like them nice and soft.
STEP 11: Remove the cookies from the over and let them cool on the cookie sheet.
More Cookie Recipes
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies- Slice and bake cookies with a cinnamon sugar swirl and a sweet icing.
- Sea Salt Butterscotch Pretzel Cookies- these cookies are the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
- Brown Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies- these fun cookies hit all the right flavor notes.
More Cookie Recipes From Kitchen 335
- Lemon Lavender Cookies- soft and chewy sugar cookies flavored with lemon juice, lemon zest, and dried lavender and drizzled with a lemon glaze.
- Hot Cocoa Cookies- gooey chocolate chip cookies flavored with hot cocoa mix and packed full of toasted marshmallows
- Peanut Butter S'mores Skillet Cookie- a gooey peanut butter skillet cookie topped with melty chocolate and toasted marshmallows
- Dairy Free Oatmeal Cookies- soft and chewy oatmeal cookies made with plant butter
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Strawberry Crunch Cookies
For Strawberry Crunch Cookies:
- 1 ½ stick (170 grams) unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup (198 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (213 grams) light brown sugar packed
- 2 large (100 grams) eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups (360 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 Golden Oreos roughly crushed
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries roughly crushed
For Strawberry Crunch Cookies:
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing fully before adding the next. Add the vanilla and combine.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredietns. Mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl combine the crushed golden Oreos and freeze-dried strawberries.
- Fold the strawberry crunch mixture into the cookie dough.
- Cover the cookie dough and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Make scoops of cookie dough about 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons in size. Place on the prepared baking sheet and press to flatten.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. I bake my cookies for closer to 10 minutes because I like them nice and soft.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet.
Leave a Reply