This Nutella Skillet Cookie is a thick chocolate chip cookie that is stuffed with Nutella and baked in a cast-iron skillet. The edges are crunchy and the center is warm and gooey. I highly recommend topping with ice cream before serving.
I really used to think that I didn’t like Nutella, but this skillet cookie changed my mind. Something about a warm and gooey cookie filled with Nutella is irresistible! This cookie is going to be one that make over and over again
Ingredients for Nutella Skillet Cookie:
- All-purpose flour. All-purpose flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour.
- Baking Soda. This will give our skillet cookie the rise we are looking for.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
- Unsalted Butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- Brown Sugar. Brown sugar adds a chewy texture to the finished product.
- Vanilla Extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- Egg. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are at room temperature.
- Chocolate Chips. I used semi-sweet chocolate, but you can use whatever you like best.
- Nutella. This will go in the center of the skillet cookie.
How to make a Nutella Skillet Cookie:
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). If you’re using a cast-iron skillet you shouldn’t need to do anything to make it non-stick (The one I used was given to me by my grandma, but this one is the same size and the same brand as the other cast-irons I cook with.) If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet you can just use a small baking dish for the same effect. Either one needs to be 6.5 inches and you will need to spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
STEP 4: Add flour mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined after each. Fold in the chocolate chips.
STEP 5: Press half of the dough into the bottom of the skillet, pressing more in the center to make a divot, fill it with the Nutella. Use the rest of the dough to cover the top.
STEP 6: Place the skillet cookie in the oven with a cookie sheet underneath it to catch any that might spill over.
STEP 7: Bake for about 30-35 minutes for a doughy center, 5-10 minutes longer if you would like your cookie to be more done in the center.
How to serve a skillet cookie
- Skillet cookies are best served warm, about 5-10 minutes out of the oven.
- You can make the dough ahead of time and bake it off when ready to serve.
- You can serve the skillet cookie with spoons and allow people to share or cut the cookie into slices, like a pizza.
More Skillet Cookie Recipes
- Sweet and Salty Compost Skillet Cookie– An oatmeal graham cracker espresso cookie loaded with toffee, chocolate, pretzels, and potato chips.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie– A deep dish cookie flavored with chocolate and mint.
- Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie– A peanut butter cookie filled with peanut butter cup pieces.
- Brown Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie– A thick oatmeal cookie made with brown butter and cinnamon.
More Skillet Dessert Recipes from Kitchen 335
- Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie– a thick chocolate chip cookie that is stuffed with chocolate.
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Skillet Cookie– a giant cinnamon cookie stuffed with a cheesecake filling and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
- Reese’s Cookie Skillet– a deep dish cookie baked in a cast-iron skillet filled with crushed Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Skillet Brownie– a thick, gooey brownie best served with a scoop of ice cream.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Nutella Skillet Cookie
For Nutella Skillet Cookie:
- 1 1/8 cup (135 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (113 grams) unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup (159 grams) brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (127 grams) chocolate chopped or chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Nutella
For Nutella Skillet Cookie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray a 6.5-inch dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, beat softened butter, sugar, and vanilla together until soft and creamy. Add egg and beat well.
- Add flour mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined after each. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press about half of the cookie dough into the bottom of your skillet. Press the middle down to make a divot, fill with Nutella. Press the rest of the cookie dough on top.
- Place skillet into the preheated oven. Place a cookie sheet under it in case of any spillover.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes for a very soft center. Bake for 5-10 longer for a firmer cookie.