Cookies and Cream Bars have the perfect crinkly top and gooey center packed full of crushed oreo cookies.
This recipe is so simple and straight forward. These Cookies and Cream Bars are a great dessert to throw together last minute because they take very little preparation.
This recipe is very similar to my Brown Butter Blondies with a few small tweaks. These changes make them more like cookie bars than blondies, but both are equally delicious!
What makes these Oreo Bars special?
- They are so quick and easy to make! I fully believe that all desserts are better when they are simple.
- You get different textures in every bite. The outside is a bit crunchy while the inside is perfectly gooey and the crushed cookies add another textural element.
- They can be served warm or cold. They are a versatile dessert that can be served however you choose!
Ingredients for Cookies and Cream Bars:
- Unsalted butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- All-purpose flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
- Baking Powder. This will give the cookies and cream bars some rise
- Eggs. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- Brown sugar. Brown sugar adds a chewy texture to the finished product
- Granulated sugar. This will add sweetness and help us get the texture we are looking for.
- Oreos. Try not to eat them all before baking!
How to make Cookies and Cream Bars:
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
STEP 2: Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Whisk to remove lumps.
STEP 3: In a medium bowl combine the softened butter and both sugars. Beat with a hand mixer until fully combined and smooth.
STEP 4: Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix to combine.
STEP 5: Mix in the flour until just combined. Fold in the crushed oreos.
STEP 6: Press the dough into the prepared pan. Bake for 25- 30 minutes. The top should start to crack.
More Cookies and Cream Recipes:
- Cookies and Cream Donuts– Fluffy baked donuts packed full of crushed oreo cookies. A delicious breakfast treat!
- Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie– A giant cookie with oreo cookies in every bite! Best served warm and topped with ice cream.
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars– An oreo crust topped with a creamy cheesecake filling.
- Cookies and Cream Cookies– Soft and chewy cookies loaded with pieces of crushed Oreos.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Cookies and Cream Bars
- 2 stick (226 grams) unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (213 grams) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (105 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 cups oreo cookies crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray an 8×8 pan (I used this one) with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to remove any lumps.
- In a medium bowl combine the softened butter and both sugars. Beat with a hand mixer until fully combined and smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture until most of the flour is combined. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of the crushed oreos.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Press the other 1/2 cup of crushed oreos into the top of the dough.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. The top should be crispy and starting to form little cracks, the center should no longer be jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and allow the blondies to cool completely before removing from pan.