Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies are classic chocolate chip cookies in bite-size! The outside has a bit of a crunch while the inside stays nice and soft.
First of all, why is everything better when it is mini? Second, this recipe comes from my sister, Sara, and it may be one of my favorite recipes ever. These Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies have crispy edges and a soft center. I eat them like chips every time she makes them and I love every single second of it. I have no doubt you will feel the same way about them!
These tiny chocolate chip cookies are perfect for kids, a fun addition to a dessert spread, or just a great sweet treat to snack on!
Ingredients for Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Unsalted butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- Light brown sugar. Brown sugar adds a softer texture to the finished product.
- Granulated sugar. This will sweeten the cookie dough and make it chewier.
- Egg. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- All-purpose flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour.
- Baking soda. This will help the cookies to rise.
- Baking powder. This will also help the cookies to rise.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
- Mini chocolate chips. I prefer semi-sweet chocolate, but you can use whatever you prefer.
How to make Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies:
STEP 2: Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute.
STEP 4: Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. You don’t want to over mix or your mini chocolate chip cookies will be tough.
STEP 5: Fold in the mini chocolate chips. Chill the dough for 30 minutes before baking.
STEP 7: Scoop about 1/2 teaspoon of cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Leave about an inch between each cookie to allow for spreading.
STEP 8: Bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the cookie sheet.
More Cookie Recipes
- Pistachio Rose Ice Box Cookies– These butter cookies made with pistachios and dipped in rose icing.
- Honey Peanut Butter Cookies– chewy cookies flavored with honey and peanut butter and packed full of peanuts.
- Salted Caramel Double Chocolate Cookies– Chocolate cookies with chocolate chips and a soft caramel center.
- Double Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies– Gooey brownie cookies full of chocolate chips.
More Cookie Recipes from Kitchen 335
- Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies– chewy chocolate chip cookies with a dollop of delicious homemade caramel on top!
- Oatmeal Cream Pies– two chewy oatmeal cookies sandwiched together with American buttercream frosting.
- Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies– chewy chocolate chip cookies filled with toasted marshmallows!
- Snickers Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies– homemade peanut butter cookies stuffed with mini snickers bars.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Originally posted September 2019.
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick (113 grams) cold butter cubed
- 1/2 cup (107 grams) brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon (62 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons (165 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup (170 grams) mini chocolate chips
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix cold butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 4 minutes or until the ingredients are fully combined and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips. Chill dough for 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Scoop about 1/2 teaspoon of cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Leave about an inch between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the cookie sheet.