First of all, why is everything better when it is mini? Second, this recipe comes from my sister, Sara, and it may be one of my favorite recipes ever. These Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies have crispy edges and a soft center. I eat them like chips everytime she makes them and love every single second of it. I have no doubt you will feel the same way about them!
What ingredients do I need?
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Mini chocolate chips
Ready to make some Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Step 1: Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, (I used this hand mixer) mix the cold butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat for 4 minutes or until the ingredients are fully combined and creamy.
Step 2: Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute.
Step 3: In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Step 4: Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. You don’t want to over mix or your cookies will be tough.
Step 5: Fold in the mini chocolate chips. Chill the dough for 30 minutes before baking.
Step 6: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat (these are my favorite).
Step 7: Bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the cookie sheet.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick (113 grams) cold butter cubed
- 1/2 cup (107 grams) brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon (62 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons (165 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup (170 grams) mini chocolate chips
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix cold butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 4 minutes or until the ingredients are fully combined and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips. Chill dough for 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Scoop about 1/2 teaspoon of cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Leave about an inch between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the cookie sheet.