Funfetti Blondies are a fun twist on a classic blondie recipe. They are chewy on the edges, gooey in the center, and packed full of funfetti sprinkles!
I love a fun, easy, and delicious recipe and these Funfetti Blondies check off all of those boxes! This blondie recipe calls for relatively few ingredients, most of which I would bet you already have in your pantry. You can be eating them in less than 45 minutes from the moment you get started. And the addition of sprinkles adds a dash of color and fun that I think we all need in our lives! Funfetti Blondies for the win!
What is the difference between a blondie and a brownie?
I get this question pretty often and the answer is simple: blondies don't have any chocolate. They can have chocolate chips added to them, like my Brown Butter Blondies, but they don't have cocoa powder or melted chocolate mixed through out the batter.
Ingredients for Funfetti Blondies:
- Unsalted butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- All-purpose flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
- Eggs. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- Brown sugar. Brown sugar adds a chewy texture to the finished Funfetti Blondies.
- Granulated sugar. This is just plain sugar.
- Sprinkles. You can use whatever kind of sprinkles you have on hand or whatever you prefer, but I used jimmies.
How to make Funfetti Blondies:
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
STEP 2: In a small bowl combine the flour and salt. Whisk to remove lumps.
STEP 3: In a medium bowl combine the butter and both sugars. Mix until fully combined and smooth.
STEP 6: Fold in the flour until just combined. Fold in the sprinkles.
STEP 7: Press the funfetti blondie batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25- 30 minutes. The top should start to crack. If you would like the blondies to be more firm you can bake them for 5-10 minutes longer.
More Blondie Recipes
- Brown Butter Blondies- These blondies are flavored with brown butter and packed full of chocolate chips.
- Cookies and Cream Blondies- These gooey blondies are full of crushed Oreo Cookies.
- Strawberry Lemon Blondies- Moist strawberry blondies with a hint of lemon.
- Candy Bar Blondies- Chewy blondies full of different types of chocolate candies.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
- 2 sticks (226 grams) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (213 grams) brown sugar
- ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray an 8×8 pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine the melted butter and both sugars. Mix until fully combined and smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix until most of the flour is combined, then add the sprinkles and combine fully.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. The top should be crispy and starting to crack, the center should no longer be jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and allow the blondies to cool completely before removing from pan.
Leave a Reply