This Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie is the most delicious Oreo cookie recipe stuffed into a cast-iron skillet for an amazing skillet cookie dessert!
Don’t you love when a recipe comes together just perfectly? The idea for this Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie hit me this afternoon and I flittered around my kitchen whipping it up only for it to come out PERFECTLY! Y’all, it was like magic and I knew I had to get it out there as soon as I could. I thought this recipe up, developed it, shot it, edited the photos, and wrote this blog post all in less than three hours and now I’m giving myself a big old pat on the back while I munch on this skillet cookie.
What makes this skillet cookie so delicious?
- The different textures. Because it takes skillet cookies longer to cook than normal cookies you end up with a crunchy edge and a very soft and gooey center. It is the best of all cookie world in one Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie package!
- The high Oreo to cookie ratio. I made sure to include PLENTY of crushed Oreos in this cookie so you are getting some in every single bite!
- It’s a giant cookie. We always thought it didn’t get better than a warm cookie, but a giant warm cookie is definitely better!
Ingredients for Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie
- All-purpose flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour
- Baking soda. This will give our skillet cookie the rise we are looking for.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweet and improve the overall flavor.
- Unsalted butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- Brown sugar. Brown sugar adds a chewy texture to the finished product.
- Vanilla. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- Egg. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are room temperature.
- Oreos. Try not to eat them before they make it into the batter!
How to make a Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). If you’re using a cast-iron skillet you shouldn’t need to do anything to make it non-stick (The one I used was given to me by my grandma, but this one is the same size and the same brand as the other cast-irons I cook with.) If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet you can just use a small baking dish for the same effect. Either one needs to be 5 or 6 inches and you will need to spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
Step 3: In another medium bowl beat the softened butter, sugar, and vanilla until soft and creamy. Add egg and beat well.
Step 4: Add flour mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined after each. Fold in the crushed oreos.
Step 5: Press the dough into the prepared skillet.
Step 7: Bake for about 25-30 minutes for a doughy center, 5-10 minutes longer if you would like your cookie to be more done in the center.
Step 9: Remove the Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie from the oven and serve immediately. Top with ice cream if desired.
How to serve a skillet cookie
- Skillet cookies are best served warm, about 5-10 minutes out of the oven.
- You can make the dough ahead of time and bake off when ready to serve.
- You can serve the skillet cookie with spoons and allow people to share or cut the cookie into slices, like a pizza.
More cookies and cream desserts
- Cookies and Cream Baked Donuts– These baked donuts are filled with crushed Oreo cookies. They are topped with a cream cheese glaze.
- Cookies and Cream Bars– These chewy cookies and cream bars are filled with cream cheese, oreo cookies, and chocolate chips.
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars– Cookies and cream cheesecake bars are the ultimate cookies and cream dessert!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie
- 1 1/8 cup (135 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (113 grams) unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup (159 grams) light brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 5 Oreos roughly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray a 5 or 6-inch dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, beat softened butter, sugar, and vanilla together until soft and creamy. Add egg and beat well.
- Add flour mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined after each. Fold in crushed Oreos.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared pan.
- Place skillet into the preheated oven. Place a cookie sheet under it in case of any spillover.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes for a very soft center. Bake for 5-10 longer for a firmer cookie.
- Remove from oven and serve immeditaley.