Don’t you love when a recipe comes together just perfectly? The idea for this Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie hit me this afternoon and I flittered around my kitchen whipping up only for it to come out PERFECTLY! Y’all, it was like magic and I knew I had to get it out there as soon as I could. I thought this recipe up, developed it, shot it, edited the photos, and wrote this blog post all in less than three hours and now I’m giving myself a big old pat on the back while I munch on this skillet cookie.
What ingredients do I need?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
Let’s get started on this Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie!
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). If you’re using a cast-iron skillet you shouldn’t need to do anything to make it non-stick (The one I used was given to me by my grandma, but this one is the same size and the same brand as the other cast-irons I cook with.) If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet you can just use a small baking dish for the same effect. Either one needs to be 5 or 6 inches and you will need to spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
Step 2: In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt until free of lumps.
Step 3: In another medium bowl beat the softened butter, sugar, and vanilla until soft and creamy. Add egg and beat well.
Step 4: Add flour mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined after each. Fold in the crushed oreos.
Step 5: Press the dough into the prepared skillet.
Step 6: Place the skillet in the oven with a cookie sheet underneath it to catch any that might spill over.
Step 7: Bake for about 25-30 minutes for a doughy center, 5-10 minutes longer if you would like your cookie to be more done in the center.
Step 9: Remove the Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie from the oven and serve immediately. Top with ice cream if desired.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie
- 1 1/8 cup (135 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (113 grams) unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup (159 grams) light brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 5 Oreos roughly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray a 5 or 6-inch dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, beat softened butter, sugar, and vanilla together until soft and creamy. Add egg and beat well.
- Add flour mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined after each. Fold in crushed Oreos.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared pan.
- Place skillet into the preheated oven. Place a cookie sheet under it in case of any spillover.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes for a very soft center. Bake for 5-10 longer for a firmer cookie.
- Remove from oven and serve immeditaley.