Snickers Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies are homemade peanut butter cookies stuffed with a mini snickers bars.
My mom is not much of a baker (don't worry, she agrees and she is SO amazing at so many other things!) but she has a few desserts in her repertoire that no one can make quite like her. These Snickers Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies are one of them as well as Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie, Peanut Butter Blossoms, and White Chocolate Cheesecake.
She used to make these for me and my siblings when we were growing up and they were always a big hit. Although, I'm not sure if we enjoyed sneaking mini snickers off of the counter or the actual cookies more!
What makes these cookies special?
- They are easy. One of the best parts about these cookies is that you can make them with just two ingredients if you're in a rush! Instead of making homemade peanut butter cookies, you can grab some premade dough at the store. These stuffed peanut butter cookies will still be just as delicious!
- It's candy stuffed in a cookie. Candy and cookies are two of the best things in life. Put them together and you can a real winner!
- The peanut butter and chocolate combo. Peanut butter and chocolate are a classic combination, one that I am pretty sure everyone loves.
How to make soft peanut butter cookies
- Use brown sugar. In this recipe, we use both granulated sugar and brown sugar. The brown sugar is going to aid in keeping the peanut butter cookies nice and soft.
- Don't overbake the cookies. You can make the best homemade peanut butter cookies, but if you overbake them it will ruin the whole them. So be sure not to overbake.
- Don't overmix the cookie dough. Overmixing the cookie dough is a mistake I see people making all the time. Once you combine the wet and dry ingredients make sure you mix until just combined.
Ingredients for Snickers Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- Unsalted butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- Creamy peanut butter. Definitely use creamy peanut butter and not chunky!
- Granulated sugar. This is going to make the peanut butter cookies sweet and aid in browning.
- Brown sugar. This will help keep the cookies nice and soft.
- Vanilla extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- Eggs. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are room temperature.
- All-purpose flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour.
- Baking powder. This will help the cookies rise and spread.
- Baking soda. This will also aid in rising and spreading.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
- Bite-sized Snicker's Bars. Make sure you get the bite-sized ones or they will be too large
How to make stuffed peanut butter cookies
Step 1: In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until creamy and smooth.
Step 2: Add the vanilla and combine. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing fully after each addition.
Step 3: In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
Step 4: Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
Step 5: Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
Step 6: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
Step 7: Scoop about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter cookie dough and roll around 1 bite-sized snickers bar.
Step 8: Repeat with the remaining dough and space the cookies about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. They will spread.
Step 9: Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
Step 10: Remove the snickers stuffed peanut butter cookies from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
More peanut butter dessert recipes
- Peanut Butter S'mores Skillet Cookie. A homemade peanut butter cookie dough base topped with chocolate and toasted marshmallows.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats. These are Peanut butter rice krispie treats topped with a silky chocolate ganache.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars. These bars look like the perfect one-bowl dessert!
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Layered Dessert. An easy no-bake dessert with delicious layers!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Snickers Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 sticks (226 grams) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup (270 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (198 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (213 grams) brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups (300 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 30 unwrapped bite-sized snickers
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until creamy and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and combine. Add eggs one at a time, mixing fully after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll around 1 bite-sized snickers bar.
- Repeat with remaining dough and space about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Rotating the pan halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
I made My cOokies with mini PEANUT BUTTER SNICKERS thAt i puRchased from Dollar tree…Omg they WERE DELICIOUS! Very simple recipe! Thanks…..
Ellie Haley says
I’m so glad you liked them! They are a family favorite!