Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes have a moist pumpkin cupcake base flavored with pumpkin puree and homemade pumpkin spice and a whipped cream cheese frosting.
This post is sponsored by Pennsylvania Dutch. All opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for continuing to support the brands that help make ‘Kitchen 335’ possible!
These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are made with Pennsylvania Dutch Pumpkin Liqueur. Pennsylvania Dutch Creams are farm fresh and made with real dairy cream, pumpkin flavors, and hints of spice. It is the perfect complement to these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes and to any holiday gathering!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes:
Ingredients for pumpkin cupcakes:
- Granulated Sugar. This will add flavor and sweetness to the pumpkin cupcakes.
- Unsalted Butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- Pennsylvania Dutch Pumpkin Spice Liqueur. This will make the cupcakes extra moist and add flavor. You can replace with milk, if needed.
- Pumpkin Puree. This will add pumpkin flavor and moisture.
- Eggs. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are at room temperature.
- All-Purpose Flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour.
- Baking Soda. This will help the cupcakes to rise.
- Pumpkin Spice. I used this homemade pumpkin spice, but you can also use store bought.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
Ingredients for whipped cream cheese frosting:
- Cream Cheese. The cream cheese needs to be at room temperature to prevent any lumps in your frosting.
- Granulated Sugar. See above note.
- Vanilla Extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- Salt. See above note.
- Heavy Whipping Cream. This will make the frosting light and creamy.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes:
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin liners. Set aside.
STEP 2: In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer beat the sugar and softened butter until light and fluffy. Add the Pennsylvania Dutch Pumpkin Spice Liqueur and pumpkin puree and beat until fully combined.
STEP 3: Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
STEP 4: In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt. Whisk to combine.
STEP 5: Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Mix until just combined.
STEP 6: Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
STEP 7: Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
STEP 1: In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix until fully combined.
STEP 2: In a separate bowl beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Be sure not to over whip the cream.
STEP 3: Add about ¼ of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and combine fully. Add the rest of the whipped cream and gently fold until combined.
STEP 4: When the cupcakes have cooled completely you can frost them using a knife or a piping bag fitted with a piping tip.
Can I make pumpkin cupcakes ahead of time?
Absolutely! These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes refrigerate really well. Just store them in an airtight container in the fridhe and they should be good for a couple of days.
More Fall Cupcake Recipes
- Maple Bacon Bourbon Cupcakes- These boozy fall cupcakes are topped with a maple bacon bourbon buttercream.
- Vanilla Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream- easy vanilla pumpkin cupcakes topped with a sweet cinnamon buttercream.
- Apple Cider Cupcakes- Apple cider cupcakes frosted with cinnamon sugar buttercream.
- Apple Snickerdoodle Cupcakes- Apple cupcakes layered with cinnamon sugar and topped with an apple frosting.
More Fall Recipes From Kitchen 335
- Mini Egg Nog Cheesecakes- a homemade spiced graham cracker crust and a creamy cheesecake filling flavored with egg nog and spices.
- Pumpkin Cake- a moist pumpkin cake topped with whipped cream cheese frosting and drizzled with caramel sauce.
- Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts- fluffy baked pumpkin spice donuts dipped in a sweet pumpkin spice glaze.
- Apple Crumble Bars- a shortbread crust, a tart apple filling, and a sweet crumble topping.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
For Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes:
- 1 cup (198 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup Pennsylvania Dutch Pumpkin Spice Liqueur or milk
- 1 cup (227 grams) pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup (99 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
For Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the sugar and room temperature butter until fully combined and fluffy. Add the Pennsylvania Dutch Pumpkin Spice Liqueur and pumpkin puree and beat until fully combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 inutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
For Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a medium bowl combine the room temperature cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix until fully combined.
- In a separate medium bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Be sure not to over whip.
- Add about ¼ of the whipped cream into the cream cheese and mix until completely combined. Add the rest of the whipped cream and gently fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- When the pumpkin spice cupcakes are cooled you can use a knife or a piping bag fitted with a piping tip to frost the cupcakes.
Leave a Reply