I think skillet cookies may have taken the cake (or the cookie lol) for my favorite dessert. My favorite things about them are how easy they are to throw together and how versatile they are. I have made several different varieties, but this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is my new favorite for fall!
What ingredients do I need?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Pumpkin spice
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin puree
- Chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
Let’s make a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie!
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). If you’re using a cast-iron skillet you shouldn’t need to do anything to make it non-stick (The one I used was given to me by my grandma, but this one is the same size and the same brand as the other cast-irons I cook with.) If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet you can just use a small baking dish for the same effect. Either one needs to be 5-6 inches and you will need to spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
Step 2: In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice (you can find my recipe here) until free of lumps.
Step 3: In another medium bowl beat the softened butter, sugar, and vanilla until soft and creamy. Add the pumpkin puree and egg and beat well.
Step 4: Add flour mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined after each. Fold in the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
Step 5: Press the dough into the prepared baking dish.
Step 6: Place the skillet in the oven with a cookie sheet underneath it to catch any that might spill over.
Step 7: Bake for about 25-30 minutes for a doughy center, 5-10 minutes longer if you would like your cookie to be more done in the center.
Want more skillet dessert recipes?
- Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Cookies and Cream Skillet Cookie
- Deep Dish Skillet Brownie
- Peanut Butter S’mores Skillet Cookie
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Cast-iron skillet
- 1 1/8 cup (135 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 stick (113 grams) unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup (159 grams) brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (127 grams) chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray a 5 or 6-inch dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- In another medium bowl, beat softened butter, sugar, and vanilla together until soft and creamy. Add pumpkin puree and egg and beat well.
- Add flour mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined after each. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan.
- Place skillet into the preheated oven. Place a cookie sheet under it in case of any spillover.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes for a very soft center. Bake for 5-10 longer for a firmer cookie.