This Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice is an easy mix of a few spices to make the perfect pumpkin pie seasoning to use all season long! It can be ready in just a few minutes and is a delicious addition to a pie filling or dessert.
Pumpkin Spice is a fixture in so many fall recipes and I always prefer to make things myself when I can. Luckily, it is incredibly easy to make and it is way more cost-effective than buying it already made from Trader Joe's or Walmart. If you're into making your own spice mix recipes check out my Apple Pie Spice Recipe!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This spice mix is so simple and quick to make. You measure out a few different spices and mix them together and voila!
- Homemade spice blends are cheaper than store-bought. Buying spice blends from the store are usually at least $5 for one small bottle. Buying all of the individual spices might be a bit more upfront, but you can make SO much more than just one small bottle worth.
- You have total control. Is there a flavor in pumpkin spice that you don't love? When you make your own you can leave it out completely, or add less, you can add more of the flavors you love until you have created the perfect spice mix.
- Ground Cinnamon adds warmth to the mix and is my personal favorite part.
- Ground Nutmeg is a perfect holiday flavor.
- Ground Allspice is adds a depth of flavor.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can leave out, add less, or add more of any of the spices to change up the flavor.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
STEP 1: In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients. Mix until well combined.
STEP 2: Store the spice mix in an airtight container.
I like to store my spice blends in a small glass Tupperware container. This makes it easy to measure out exactly how much you need. You can also store it in a clean spice jar. As long as the container is airtight and not in direct sunlight you're good to go!
These are some of my favorite ways to use this spice mix:
-Give as gifts. You can put this spice mix in little jars with a cute label and add it to holiday gift baskets.
-Stir it into your coffee. You'll have an easy pumpkin spice latte!
-Pumpkin Skillet Cookie. This skillet cookie uses the spice blend in the cookie dough. It is so simple and tasty!
If stored correctly this spice blend will retain most of its flavor for about 2 years.
More Recipes You'll Love
If you tried this Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating and let me know how it went in the comments below. I so appreciate hearing from you!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
For Pumpkin Spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
For Pumpkin Spice
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices and whisk until fully combined.
- Store in an airtight container.
- The provided nutrition information is an estimate. The calorie accuracy is not guaranteed.