This Apple Pie Spice recipe is an easy mix of a few spices to make the perfect homemade apple pie seasoning to use all season long!
Why I love making my own homemade spice blends
- It is so easy. You literally measure out a few spices and mix them together. No-fuss here!
- Homemade spice blends are cheaper than store-bought. Buying spice blends from the store are usually at least $5 for one small bottle. Buying all of the individual spices might be a bit more upfront, but you can make SO much more than just one small bottle worth.
- You have total control. Is there a flavor in apple pie seasoning that you don’t love? When you make your own you can leave it out completely, or add less, you can add more of the flavors you love until you have created the perfect spice blend.
Apple Pie Spice Ingredients
- Ground Cinnamon.
- Ground Nutmeg.
- Ground Allspice.
- Ground Ginger.
- Ground Cardamom.
How to store apple pie spice
I like to store my spice blends in a small Tupperware container. This makes it easy to measure out exactly how much you need. You can also store it in a clean spice jar. As long as the container is airtight and not in direct sunlight you’re good to go!
How to use apple pie spice
- Give as gifts. You can put this spice mix in little jars with a cute label and add it to holiday gift baskets.
- Classic apple pie. Apple pie spice, obviously, goes perfect in apple pie! You can just replace the spices this recipe calls for with an equal amount of this apple pie spice recipe.
- Stir it into your coffee. You’ll have an easy apple pie latte!
- Apple Pie Macarons. These macarons use this spice blend in their shells and buttercream. They are perfectly delicious.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Apple Pie Spice
For Spice Blend:
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
For Spice Blend:
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Store the apple pie spice in an airtight container