This Puppy Birthday Cake is made with four ingredients, can be ready in 30 minutes, and is perfectly safe for your dog to indulge in! It is such a fun and easy way to celebrate your favorite four-legged friend while still being simple and healthy.
Our dogs, Chipper and Champ, are treated like family. I'm picky about what we feed them, so I made sure that all of the ingredients in this dog cake recipe were dog-friendly. If you're here then I assume that you love your pups as much as I love mine and I am so happy to be able to help you spoil them with a fun little treat! Whether it's for the 1st birthday or the 15th your pup will love this cake!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- There are only four simple ingredients, just enough to hold the cake together and make it delicious for your good boy or girl!
- You're avoiding harmful ingredients that might be in a store-bought dog cake.
- It will help celebrate your pup's special day. These Funfetti Cookie Sandwiches are a fun way for your to celebrate along side your dog.
- This recipe is so quick and easy to make. You can have it in the oven in less than 10 minutes. My Fudgy Brownies are just as quick if you're looking to satisfy your own sweet tooth!
- It is a small portion. Most puppy birthday cake recipes are for large cakes, this one is great for any size dog breed.
- The egg will hold the cake together and is a great source of nutrition for dogs.
- Peanut Butter will add flavor to the cake (what dog doesn't love peanut butter?) and provide healthy fat. Find a brand that does not contain xylitol, it is toxic to dogs. You can use the extra peanut butter to make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Lava Cakes!
- Apples also add flavor and are a good source of vitamins. Be sure to remove the core and seeds completely.
- If used in moderation, diluted, and baked, as it is in this recipe, baking powder is perfectly safe for dogs. It will help the cake to rise, but you are welcome to leave it out if you'd like.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- If you would rather not use apples, substitute them with pear. It is also safe for dogs to eat.
- You can substitute the peanut butter with almond or cashew butter.
- The baking powder can be left out if you don't want to use it, but the finished product will not rise as much and may be a little dense.
- You can bake the cake in a bone shaped or other design baking pan.
- If you're into cake decorating and want to add some frosting you can make homemade whipped cream with only heavy whipping cream and make this a Pinterest perfect puppy birthday cake!
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
STEP 1: Add the chopped apple to a bowl.
STEP 2: Add the peanut butter, baking powder, and egg.
STEP 3: Mix the ingredients until fully combined.
STEP 4: Pour the batter into a ramekin and bake at 350 degrees (F) for 25-30 minutes.
No, they can't! Dog stomachs are different than humans and a lot of the foods we eat can hurt their stomachs. This dog birthday cake is made especially for your dog's sensitive stomach.
Definitely! There are plenty of dog bakeries that will sell what you are looking for, however, these can be expensive and have a lot of preservatives and undesirable ingredients. This recipe has minimal ingredients and expenses involved.
Room Temperature: You can store this dog cake in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Refrigerator: The cake can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Freezer: This dog birthday cake recipe can be stored in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
More Recipes You'll Love
If you tried this Puppy Birthday Cake or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating and let me know how it went in the comments below. I so appreciate hearing from you!
Puppy Birthday Cake
For Dog Cake:
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons (50 grams) peanut butter
- ½ apple finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
For Dog Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray a ramekin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekin. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Remove from the ramekin and serve.
- Be sure to remove the stem and seeds completely. They are toxic to dogs.
- You can leave out the baking powder if desired, but the cake will not rise as well and will be a bit dense.
- The provided nutrition information is an estimate for the entire cake, the calorie accuracy is not guaranteed.