S’mores Brownie Pie has a graham cracker crust, a fudgy brownie filling, and a toasted mini marshmallow top. It is the perfect easy pie recipe while also being different and so impressive!
My Brownie Pie is my most popular recipe. You guys love it and I love you for it! So, of course I had to make some variations that are equally as delicious.
Why I love this S’mores Brownie Pie
- It’s SO easy! I think one of the reasons that the original version of this pie is so popular is because of how simple it is, and this S’mores Brownie Pie is no exception. You could buy a pre-made graham cracker crust, a box of brownie mix, and a bag of mini marshmallows and call it a day, or make it all from scratch. It is as easy or as simple as you want it to be, while also being guaranteed to be delicious either way!
- It’s a classic. S’mores is a classic flavor combination that I am pretty sure every human loves. You literally cannot go wrong with graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows.
- It is different. This isn’t your everyday pie. If you show up at someone’s house with this pie in tow you are guaranteed to make a splash!
- Gooey or fudgy. You get to decide! You can bake the pie for the full amount of time for a more fudgy brownie, or take 5-10 minutes off for a gooey pie.
How to make the best brownie filling
All too often I eat a brownie that is dry and tough. It is such a shame! Brownies are made to be moist, fudgy, and gooey. It is very easy to mess up brownies, but it’s also very simple to make them perfect.
- Be careful when mixing. Most of the time brownies are over-mixed. This makes them tough. Make sure you mix the wet and dry ingredients well BEFORE you combine them. When you mix the two you need to mix them until the ingredients are just barely combined.
- Don’t overbake. A lot of times people think that a toothpick inserted into the center needs to come out clean. This is not the case! you want there to be a few moist crumbs on the toothpick because the brownies will continue baking when you remove them from the oven.
Ingredients for S’mores Brownie Pie
Ingredients for graham cracker pie crust:
- Graham crackers. They will need to be finely crushed.
- Unsalted butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- Granulated sugar. Just plain ole white sugar.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
Ingredients for homemade brownie filling:
- Unsalted butter. We will melt the butter for a fudgier texture.
- Brown sugar. Brown sugar will give the brownie filling a softer texture.
- Eggs. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are room temperature.
- Vanilla extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- All-purpose flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour
- Cocoa powder. This will give our pie all of the chocolatey flavor.
- Chocolate chips. I always go to semisweet, but you can use whatever type of chocolate you like best.
- Mini marshmallows. These will be placed on top and toasted.
How to make S’mores Brownie Pie
Graham Cracker Pie Crust
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray a pie plate with non-stick spray. Set aside.
Step 2: In a medium bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, salt, and sugar until well combined.
Step 4: Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before adding the filling.
Brownie Pie Filling
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
Step 4: Fold the chocolate chips into the mixture and pour into the prepared pie crust.
Step 5: Bake the pie for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pie comes out with only a few moist crumbs. Bake the pie for less time if you want the filling to be gooey.
Step 6: Remove the pie from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
How to Assemble S’mores Brownie Pie
Step 7: Set your oven broil. Cover the top of the pie with mini marshmallows. Place the pie in the oven and broil until the marshmallows are toasted to your liking.
Step 8: Remove from oven and allow to cool.
More s’mores dessert recipes
- S’mores Macarons- Classic french macaron shell sprinkled with graham crackers and filled with marshmallow chocolate ganache.
- Peanut Butter S’mores Skillet Cookie- A deep dish homemade peanut butter cookie topped with chocolate and toasted marshmallow. Basically a dream dessert!
- S’mores Nachos- These s’mores nachos are dreamy! Two great things rolled into one!
- S’mores Bars- These look like gooey s’mores perfection!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
S’mores Brownie Pie
- 8 sheets graham crackers finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoons (170 grams) unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup (226 grams) light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (42 grams) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows as needed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray a pie plate with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, salt, and sugar until well combined. The mixture should be the texture of wet sand. Be sure you break up any chunks that might have formed.
- Firmly press the graham cracker mixture into the pie plate using the bottom of a cup.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before adding the filling.
- In a medium bowl mix with a hand mixer combine the melted butter and brown sugar. When fully combined add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until fully combined and light in color.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and remove any lumps.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t over mix or you will have a tougher texture to your end product.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the mixture and pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pie comes out with only a few moist crumbs. Bake the pie for less time if you want the filling to be gooey.
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Set the oven to broil. Cover the top of the pie with mini marshmallows. Broil the pie until the marshmallows are toasted to your liking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.