I have seen so many peach desserts going around and I wanted to get in on the action but I don’t bake with peaches often, so I didn’t really know where to start. I was going to make a peach crumble pie, but I wasn’t sold on it. Then it hit me. Peach Crumble Baked Donuts. If you are a frequent visitor of my blog you know that donuts are VERY on brand for me and these babies turned out perfectly!
What ingredients do I need?
- Granulated Sugar
- All-Purpose Flour (for both the donuts and the crumble)
- Butter (for both the donuts and the crumble)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Sour Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Ready to make some Peach Crumble Baked Donuts?
Step 1: Prepare the crumble topping. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon. Using clean hands or a fork to mix. You want to break up the butter until the whole mixture has a coarse texture. There will be bigger chunks of butter as well. Place the crumble in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
Step 2: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray your donut mold (I use this one) with non-stick spray and set aside.
Step 3: In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, light brown sugar, salt, and baking powder.
Step 4: In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients, make sure the melted butter has cooled or it will curdle the sour cream and cook the egg. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until they are well combined. The dough will be much thicker than you think it will be, so don’t be alarmed. Also, be sure not to over mix your dough or your donuts will be tough.
Step 5: Next, you will spoon the batter into your molds and fill them up to the top. If you’re using a silicone mold, place it on a cookie sheet before you put them in the oven, this will make it easier to get them in and out of the oven.
Step 6: Generously top each donut with the diced peaches and then the cold crumble.
Step 7: Place your donuts in the pre-heated oven. The donuts usually take about 20-25 minutes to bake, but I started checking them around 10 minutes to see if the pan needs to be turned. You’ll know they are finished when you lightly press on a donut and it springs back.
Step 8: Remove from the oven and let cool in the molds until cool enough to remove. Then cool completely before glazing
Step 9: In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients. Whisk until free of lumps.
Step 10: The glaze should be pretty thin and runny, so if it is too thick you can add more milk to thin it out.
Step 11: Use a fork or a spoon to drizzle the glaze over the cooled Peach Crumble Baked Donuts.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Peach Crumble Baked Donuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (31 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (15 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter cold and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (107 grams) brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (114 grams) full-fat sour cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 small peach peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (56 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon milk more as needed
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon. Use clean hands or a fork to mix together until the butter is broken up and the mixture has a coarse texture.
- Place the crumble in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray your donut mold with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, light brown sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients together. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan.
- Generously top each donut with pieces of diced peach. Then sprinkle the crumble evenly over each donut.
- Bake the donuts into the pre-heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until they spring back when lightly pressed.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and allow to cool completely before glazing.
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients and whisk until free of lumps.
- Add more milk if the glaze is too thick.
- Use a fork or spoon to drizzle the glaze over each donut.