These Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins are soft muffins filled with sweet blueberries and topped with a cinnamon crumble. They are the perfect breakfast treat!
Homemade blueberry muffins are a fan favorite in my house. My husband is usually stealing one out of the muffin pan the second they come out of the oven. These Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins are moist and fluffy with a sweet cinnamon crumb topping. They will blow you away and I am absolutely sure that no one will know they are gluten-free muffins! I’ve also included the measurements for regular flour, in case you’re not looking for a GF recipe!
Ingredients for Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins:
Ingredients for Blueberry Muffins:
- Bob’s Red Mill GF 1:1 Baking Flour OR All-purpose Flour. I prefer Bob’s Red Mill GF Flour, but you can use whatever you like best. You might have to adjust the amount if it doesn’t measure the same as regular flour.
- Granulated sugar. This will sweeten the blueberry muffins.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
- Baking powder. This will help the muffins to rise.
- Vegetable oil. I usually prefer butter over vegetable oil, but it helps to make these muffins extra moist.
- Egg. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are at room temperature.
- Milk. This is a binder and will help keep the muffins moist.
- Blueberries. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
Ingredients for Cinnamon Crumble:
- Granulated Sugar. See above note.
- Bob’s Red Mill GF 1:1 Baking Flour OR All-purpose Flour. See above note.
- Unsalted Butter. The butter needs to be kept cold until the muffins are put in the oven.
- Ground Cinnamon. This will add flavor to the crumble.
How to make Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins:
Cinnamon Crumble Topping
Step 1: In a small bowl, combine sugar, GF flour, butter, and cinnamon. Using clean hands or a fork to mix. You want to break up the butter until the whole mixture has a coarse texture. There will be bigger chunks of butter as well.
Step 2: Place in fridge until ready to use.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
Step 3: This part is a little confusing, but you only need 1 cup total of liquid. So take 1 cup measuring cup and add 1/3 cup of vegetable oil and the egg. Fill the cup up the rest of the way with milk.
Step 4: Gently combine the wet and dry ingredients.
Step 5: Fold in the blueberries.
Step 5: Fill the cups of the muffin pan with batter. Top with crumb topping.
Step 6: Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
Tips For Making The Best Cake:
- Use an oven thermometer. Most ovens run either hot or cold. Using an oven thermometer ensures that you are baking your cake at the perfect temperature.
- Don’t use cold ingredients. Ensure that all of your cold ingredients are at room temperature before making your cake batter. The ingredients will combine much easier and you won’t have chunks of cold butter in your batter.
- Weigh your ingredients. One of the most common baking mistakes that I see is measuring incorrectly, especially with flour. The best way to get accurate measurements every time is to weigh them with a kitchen scale.
Your Questions Answered
HOW LONG WILL THESE MUFFINS LAST?
If stored correctly in an airtight container these Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup (257 grams) Bob's Red Mill GF 1:1 Baking Flour (180 grams all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup (148 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup (66 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (43 grams) Bob's Red Mill GF 1:1 Baking Flour (30 grams all-purpose flour)
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold and cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For Cinnamon Crumble Topping:
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, GF flour, butter, and cinnamon. Use clean hands or a fork to mix together until the butter is broken up and the mixture has a coarse texture.
- Place in fridge until ready to use.
For Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine GF flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Whisk until free of lumps.
- Place 1/3 cup vegetable in a 1 cup measuring cup, add the egg and fill the rest of the cup up with milk.
- Gently mix in with the flour mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 of the way full and top with the crumb topping.
- Bake Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven and allow to cool.