Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies are the best chewy chocolate chip cookies filled with toasted marshmallows!
These Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies are like s’mores in cookie form! The chocolate is rich and melty while the marshmallows get toasted and a bit crispy. They are perfect way to mix up your normal chocolate chip cookies with minimal effort.
What makes these marshmallow chocolate cookies better than a normal chocolate chip cookie?
You are never going to catch me turning down a chocolate chip cookie, but I do believe they can be improved! So why are these better than your run of the mill cookie?
- The toasted marshmallows add a bit of crunch. The added textural element really ups the wow factor!
- Marshmallows are a simple way to change an ordinary cookie. It takes such little effort to totally change up the taste.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies:
- Unsalted butter. I always make sure to use unsalted butter when baking because there is no “standard” for the amount of salt they can add to butter. So if you add salt to a recipe and then use salted butter you could end up with a very salty end product.
- Granulated Sugar. This will sweeten the cookie dough and make it chewier.
- Brown sugar. Brown sugar adds a softer texture to the finished product.
- Eggs. It will be easier to incorporate the eggs into the batter if they are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract. Vanilla is a must in baked goods just like salt. Real vanilla adds a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- All-purpose flour. Measuring the flour correctly is very important. I suggest weighing your flour out (I use this scale). If you want to use a measuring cup, make sure you spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. Don’t use the cup to scoop directly from the flour.
- Baking soda. This will help the cookies to rise.
- Baking powder. This will also help the cookies to rise.
- Salt. Salt is a must in baked goods. It will help to balance out the sweetness and improve the overall flavor.
- Chocolate, chopped, or chocolate chips. I prefer semi-sweet chocolate, but you can use whatever you prefer. If you’re wanting puddles of chocolate chop up a chocolate bar instead of using chocolate chips.
- Mini Marshmallows. Try not to snack on too many of them before baking!
How to make chocolate chip and marshmallow cookie dough:
STEP 2: Add the eggs one at a time, mixing fully before adding the next. Pour in the vanilla and combine.
STEP 3: In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
STEP 4: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be sure not to over mix.
STEP 5: Fold in the chocolate and the mini marshmallows. Do this gently.
STEP 6: Cover the chocolate marshmallow cookie dough. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
STEP 7: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
STEP 8: Make scoops of cookie dough about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons in size. Place at least 3 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
STEP 9: Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
STEP 10: Remove the chocolate chip marshmallow cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the cookie sheet.
More cookie recipes
- Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies– These classic chocolate chip cookies are topped with a dollop of homemade caramel.
- Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies– Classic chocolate chip cookies filled with brownie batter.
- Ultimate Chocolate Cookies– Soft chocolate cookies filled with melty chocolate chips.
- Cheesecake Cookies– These creamy cookies are reminiscent of a nice slice of cheesecake.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
- 1 1/2 sticks (170 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (198 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (213 grams) light brown sugar packed
- 2 large (100 grams) eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups (360 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (255 grams) chocolate chopped or chocolate chips
- 1 cup (43 grams) mini marshmallows
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing fully before adding the next. Add the vanilla and combine.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredietns. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate and mini marshmallows.
- Cover the cookie dough and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Make scoops of cookie dough about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons in size. Place at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet.