Coffee and donuts are a classic combination. Roll them into one and you are WINNING! These Coffee Baked Donuts are the kind of treat you reach for again and again. The recipe is simple, can be ready in 30 minutes, and are better for you than traditional fried donuts.
What ingredients do I need?
- All-purpose flour
- Light brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Full-fat sour cream
- Unsalted butter
- Instant coffee
- Powdered sugar
Ready to make some Coffee Baked Donuts?
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray your donut mold (I use this one) with non-stick spray and set aside.
Step 2: In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, light brown sugar, salt, and baking powder.
Step 3: In a separate bowl mix the sour cream, melted butter, egg, and instant coffee, make sure the melted butter has cooled or it will curdle the sour cream and cook the egg. Next, gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until they are well combined. The dough will be much thicker than you think it will be, so don’t be alarmed.
Step 4: Next, you will spoon the batter into your molds and fill them up to the top. If you’re using a silicone mold, place it on a cookie sheet before you put them in the oven, this will make it easier to get them in and out of the oven.
Step 5: Place your donuts in the pre-heated oven. The donuts usually take about 15-17 minutes to bake, but I started checking them around 10 minutes to see if the pan needs to be turned. You’ll know they are finished when you lightly press on a donut and it springs back.
Step 6: Remove from the oven and let cool in the molds until cool enough to remove. Then cool completely before glazing
Step 7: In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients and whisk until free of lumps.
Step 8: The glaze should be pretty thin and runny, so if it is too thick you can add more milk to thin it out.
Step 9: Dip the top of each donut into the glaze.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Coffee Baked Donuts
- 1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (107 grams) light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (114 grams) full-fat sour cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1/2 cup (56 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray your donut mold with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, light brown sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix the sour cream, melted butter, egg, and instant coffee. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake the donuts into the pre-heated oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until they spring back when lightly pressed.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and allow to cool completely before glazing.
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients and whisk until free of lumps.
- Add more milk if the glaze is too thick.
- Dip the top of each donut into the glaze.
Want more donut recipes?
You can find my other donut recipes at the links below: