Black Bean Cupcakes
Black Bean Cupcakes have a moist and rich chocolate black bean cake and a silky chocolate glaze topping. They are insanely delicious and you will never even taste the black beans!
- 1 1/2 cups (240 grams) black beans cooked and drained
- 3 large (150 grams) eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (220 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (50 grams) dark chocolate chopped
- 4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoons (5 grams) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
In a blender add all of the ingredients except for the chocolate. Blend until smooth.
Add the dark chocolate and blend for about 15 seconds to break up the pieces.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, filling each cup about 3/4 full, and bake for 20-22 minutes or until the cupcakes spring back to the touch.
Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then remove and allow to cool completely before glazing.
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat add all of the ingredients and whisk until butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Dip the tops of the cupcakes into the glaze.
Serving: 1cupcake | Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11.9g | Saturated Fat: 7.1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 500mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 24.7g | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg