Salami and Artichoke Crostini are a toasted crostini topped with ricotta cheese, salami, and artichokes.
This post is sponsored by Stemmari Wine. All opinions are my own.
Nine times out of ten I am more excited for the appetizer than the actual meal. I am a snacker by nature, so starting off a meal with little bites of delicious food makes my heart so happy. These Salami and Artichoke Crostini are THE perfect appetizers for any upcoming gathering.
The bread is sliced thin, rubbed with olive oil, and toasted in the oven (you could also do them on the grill!) Then topped with a generous layer of ricotta cheese, marinated artichokes, and salami. I sprinkled mine with coarse sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to finish them off. They are the type of appetizer I love because not only are they delicious, they are so simple and easy to put together. It’s a win all around!
Now that we’ve got the perfect appetizer all worked out, you’re going to need the perfect wine pairing! If I’m whipping up these crostini you’re also going to see me sipping on a glass of Stemmari Rosé. Their Rosé is made from Nero d’Avola grapes, which are native to Sicily, and has strong notes of wild strawberry. Stemmari wines are sustainably made and certified non-GMO. It is so fresh and fruity which allows it to pair well with appetizers, especially these crostini! You’ve got the perfect pair, friends, so let’s pour a glass of Rosé and make some crostini!
Ingredients for Salami and Artichoke Crostini
- Baguette. You will cut the baguette into 1/2 inch slices.
- Ricotta. Ricotta has a mild, almost sweet taste that lends well to crostini.
- Marinated artichoke hearts. They have more flavor than regular artichoke hearts.
- Salami. You will cut the salami into pieces.
- Olive oil. Good quality olive oil has a better overall flavor.
- Salt. A must in this savory recipe.
- Pepper. I use fresh cracked black pepper.
How to make Salami and Artichoke Crostini
Step 2: Brush each slice of bread with olive oil, just enough to coat the top, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Step 3: Place in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes or until the bread is nicely toasted.
Step 4: Remove from oven and allow to cool before adding toppings.
Step 5: Once cooled, top each slice with ricotta cheese, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, then top with the chopped artichoke hearts and salami. Enjoy with a glass of Stemmari Rosé!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!
Salami and Artichoke Crostini
- 1 baguette cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 can marinated artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- 10 thin slices salami cut into quarters
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Brush each slice of bread with olive oil and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes or until the bread is nicely toasted.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before adding toppings.
- Once cooled, top each slice with ricotta cheese, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, then top with the chopped artichoke hearts and salami.