I am a big-time snacker. 9 times out of 10 I would choose several snacks over 1 meal. Despite the fact that I run a food blog filled with sweets, I try my best to eat healthily. Granola is something that I always have in my pantry to snack on. Adding it to smoothie bowls (see my recipe here) is my favorite way to eat it, but it also goes great with some yogurt or almond milk.
I used to just buy a bag of granola at the store, but I’ve been working on eating less processed food, so I played around with a few ingredients and made this Granola recipe! It’s a great plain granola that goes well with anything. I’m definitely going to be working on some more flavored granola recipes, so keep an eye out!
Also, this Granola is so versatile and customizable. It’s really easy to add or remove ingredients that you don’t like and to use any kind of oil you prefer. I will say that I tried coconut oil and was not a fan of the after taste it gave. I’d recommend a more unflavored oil.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click a link and buy something.
For in-depth “whys” and “howtos”, skip to the end of this post!
If you try this recipe leave a review below or tag me on your social media!
- 4 cups (396 grams) oats
- 1 cup (114 grams) almonds slivered or sliced
- 1/2 cup (57 grams) walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup (86 grams) chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) flax meal
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup (170 grams) honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F). Line 2 baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix until everything is well coated with the oil and honey.
- Divide the mixture between the 2 baking sheets and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Stir about halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees (F). Line 2 baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix well until the oil and honey are evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture between the 2 baking sheets and spread the mixture out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, you may want to stir the granola about halfway through baking. I like my granola extra crispy, so I leave it in until it is very brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Like this post? Visit my Recipe page to see more like it!